Join us on the last Tuesday of each month at 7pm for our free Quiz Night
Prizes for the winning team, the runners-up, Best Team Name and Best Wrong Answer!
Next Quiz May 30th 2017Quiz Winners: I Am Smartacus! with 45 points Best Team Name Competition Winners: I Am Smartacus!
Quiz from April 25th, 2017
Each answer is worth 1 point with the exception of the Money Ball Question, which is worth 3 if correct, minus 1 if incorrect and the picture round, where each question has two parts with a point for each part correctly answered, three points if you get both parts right. Answering all questions correctly is worth 50 points.
- The title character’s sidekick from what cult 2004 movie inspired the actual sale of t-shirts online and in stores that read “Vote For Pedro”?
- How many brothers and sisters does Ron Weasley, Harry Potter’s sidekick, in both the Harry Potter movies and books, have?
- In the 2013 movie Kick-Ass who plays Kick Ass’s sidekick Hit Girl?
- In the 1986 movie Top Gun the sidekick of Maverick, played by Tom Cruise, was Goose, played by Anthony Edwards. What was the name of the sidekick of Iceman, played by Val Kilmer, who was played by Rick Rossovich?
Money Ball Question: What is the full name of Frodo Baggins’ sidekick who accompanies him to Mordor in the three Lord Of The Rings movies released between 2001 and 2003?
Picture Round – Structures That Can Fit Inside IMS
- In what city in India is this structure located? It is essentially a tomb for the wife of what Mughal Emperor?
- What is the name of this racecourse where the first leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown takes place? What is the name of the race?
- What is the name of this stadium, which hosted the 1994 Soccer World Cup Final? Where is it located?
- What is the name of this island? In what city is it located?
- This picture shows what location in its entirety? It was granted special status on behalf of King Victor Emmanuel III by what statesman in 1929?
- What food product is sold using the slogan “Get Crackin’”?
- What company, that had their pitchman using the slogan “Can you hear me now?”, lost him to what other company where he now uses the slogan “Can you hear that?”
- What is the missing word in the following slogan for a car company: “Love, it’s what makes a _____ a _____”?
- What company, who are the manufacturer of products such as Teen Spirit, are known for a slogan that’s accompanied by a three-note jingle?
Money Ball Question: In 1975 American Express started using the slogan “Don’t leave home without it”. What slogan did rivals Visa begin using in 1985?
- Who did Alex Trebek take over from as host of Jeopardy in 1984, a person who had hosted the show for its first twenty years?
- On what gameshow that ran on Comedy Central from 1997 to 2003 did the host switch from being the question asker to being a question answerer in the second half of each show?
- To get the chance to win money by answering questions on the gameshow Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? would be contestants have to get through a preliminary round known as what?
- What gameshow that originally aired on the Discovery Channel from 2005 to 2012 had contestants answering trivia questions while traveling on the streets of New York City?
Money Ball Question: What long running British quiz show has contestants answering two rounds of questions with a high-level of difficulty while sitting in a black chair highlighted by a spotlight while the surrounding studio audience sits in semi-darkness?
- What Indiana brewery revived a recipe for a beer called Champagne Velvet that was originally brewed as the flagship beer of the Terre Haute Brewing Company until its closure in 1959?
- What Indiana brewery once produced Victory Amber that until a few years ago was exclusively sold at Victory Field, home of the Indianapolis Indians Triple A baseball team?
- What Indiana brewery’s beers feature names such as Exemption, Deduction, Wit-Held and Frozen Assets?
- What Indiana brewery produces a beer called Tippecanoe Common?
Money Ball Question: The Broad Ripple Brewpub once brewed a Belgian Blonde Ale that was named for the owner’s granddaughter. What is her name?
all the answers to these questions have the word “Good” in them
- What is the official title of the song by Green Day, released as a single in 1997, which is better known by its subtitle Time Of Your Life?
- What song by British band Arctic Monkeys, was released as their debut single in 2005, and was performed by the band during the opening ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London?
- What song from the musical Hair was a hit in 1969 for singer Oliver?
- What song written and recorded by John Mellencamp in 1982 and released under the name John Cougar was, along with the song Jack & Diane, the beginning of his breakthrough as a major artist?
Money Ball Question: What 1978 song by Billy Joel features the lyrics: “Come out Virginia and don’t make me wait, you Catholic girls start much too late”?