Join us on the last Tuesday of each month at 7pm for our free Quiz Night
Prizes for the winning team, the runners-up, Best Team Name and Best Wrong Answer!
Next Quiz February 27th 2018Quiz Winners: We Now Return You To Our Olympic Coverage From P. F. Chang’s with 41 points Best Team Name Competition Winners: Skiing, It’s All Downhill
Quiz from February 13th, 2018
Each answer is worth 1 point with the exception of the Money Ball Question, which is worth 3 if correct, minus 1 if incorrect and the “Who Plays What” Round, where each question is worth 3 points. Answering all questions correctly is worth 50 points.
Movies & Television
- In the 1984 mockumentary This Is Spinal Tap, the first song we see the band perform features the lyrics: “talk about mud flaps, my gal’s got em”. What is the song’s title?
- Albert Finney, Peter Ustinov and Kenneth Branagh have all played what detective in movies?
- On what television channel are you most likely to see TV movies such as A Royal Christmas, A Very Merry Mix-Up and The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year?
- What 1990 movie, directed by Martin Scorsese, was based on an autobiography by Henry Hill?
Moneyball Question: What kind of creature was the mascot for the radio station WKRP, on the sit-com WKRP In Cincinnati?
Who Plays What?
- The Who: Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, John Entwistle, Keith Moon. Which band member played French Horn?
- R.E.M: Bill Berry, Michael Stipe, Mike Mills, Peter Buck. Which band member played Drums?
- Fleetwood Mac: Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham. Which band member played Bass?
- Pink Floyd: Roger Waters, Richard Wright, Nick Mason, David Gilmour. Which band member played Keyboards?
- The Black Keys: Patrick Carney, Dan Auerbach. Which band member sings Lead Vocals?
- Before bouts, Sumo Wrestlers throw what substance into the ring where they wrestle, as a way of purifying it?
- The Indianapolis Indians are currently a Triple A farm team for what Major League team?
- In what sport would you perform a Half Gainer?
- What Idaho college’s famous blue football field, which was unveiled in 1986, was the first NCAA football field not to be green?
Moneyball Question: What sport is at the center of the 1985 movie Vision Quest starring Matthew Modine?
Art & Literature
- Spanish artist Salvador Dali and Belgian artist Rene Magritte are most closely associated with what artistic movement?
- What photographer is known for her portraits of rock stars, actors and other celebrities, in her early career for Rolling Stone magazine, and later for Vanity Fair magazine covers?
- Billy Pilgrim is the main protagonist in what 1969 novel by Kurt Vonnegut?
- The Prado Museum, a well-known art gallery renowned for its collection, is located in what European capital city?
Moneyball Question: What is the name of Asterix’s overweight friend, who has superhuman strength, in the Asterix series of graphic novels?
- What is the capital of Libya?
- What is the chemical symbol for Potassium?
- According to the Bible, following the great flood, Noah’s Ark came to rest on top of what mountain?
- “The Best A Man Can Get” is the advertising slogan for what company?
Moneyball Question: Kawaii, is a Japanese concept seen in the manufacture of toys, clothing, commercial packaging, and many other aspects of an aesthetic lifestyle. What does Kawaii translate into in English?
- What was the maiden name of Elvis Presley’s widow Priscilla at the time of their marriage?
- The 1968 album released by The Beatles and simply entitled The Beatles, is better known by what name?
- Turnstiles, released in 1976, The Stranger, released in 1977, and The Nylon Curtain, released in 1982 are all albums by what singer-songwriter?
- Tuba Gooding Jr. is a member of what band that frequently appears on TV?
Moneyball Question: What kind of musical instrument is a Virginal?