Join us on the last Tuesday of each month at 7pm for our free Quiz Night
Prizes for the winning team, the runners-up, Best Team Name and Best Wrong Answer!
Next Quiz March 28th 2017Quiz Winners: And The Winner Is The Black Friars! No, It’s Moonlight with 41 points Best Team Name Competition Winners: We’re Building A Space Wall And Making The Trappist System Pay For It
Quiz from February 28th, 2017
Each answer is worth 1 point with the exception of the Money Ball Question, which is worth 3 if correct, minus 1 if incorrect and the picture round, where each question has two parts with a point for each part correctly answered, three points if you get both parts right. Answering all questions correctly is worth 50 points.
Best Picture Oscar Winners of the Last Fifteen Years
- No Country For Old Men, the Best Picture Oscar winner from 2007 was based on a 2005 novel by what author, also known for his 2006 novel The Road?
- What movie, featuring an ensemble cast including Sandra Bullock, Don Cheadle, Matt Dillon and Terrence Howard, won the Best Picture Oscar in 2005?
- The Departed, a crime drama directed by Martin Scorsese, and starring Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Jack Nicholson and Leonardo DiCaprio, which won the Best Picture Oscar in 2006, was set in what city?
- What Best Picture Oscar winner for 2012 features a Jack Russell Terrier named Uggie as a dog named Jack?
Money Ball Question: The title of what Best Picture Oscar winner from 2014 was subtitled: The Unexpected Virtue Of Ignorance?
Picture Round – TV Characters
- This is a publicity picture promoting what TV show from the 1990s? The actress who played the title role in the show played the younger version of a character played by Bette Midler in what 1988 movie?
- What is the name of this character from a TV show that ran from 1989 to 1998? What is the name of the actor who played the character?
- On what TV show did this character appear? What is the character’s name?
- What is the title of the TV show that this character appeared in? What is the name of the actor who played him?
- The name of this character is Audrey Horne. In what TV show did she appear? What is the name of the actress who played her?
- What wife of a former Vice President of the United States graduated from Broad Ripple High School in 1967?
- What racing car driver won his third of four Indianapolis 500 championships in May of 1967?
- Legendary TV star and native of Indianapolis, David Letterman, was attending what university in 1967?
- What Rock and Roll star, who famously got married to whom, on May 1st 1967, gave his last ever concert at Indianapolis’ now demolished Market Square Arena on June 26, 1977?
Money Ball Question: In 1967 the basketball league known as the ABA was formed with the Indiana Pacers as one of the original teams. In 1976 the Pacers, the Denver Nuggets, the New Jersey Nets and what other team moved to the NBA when the two leagues merged?
Pick A Letter
All the answers to these questions start with the same letter. You decide which one.
- Jersey is the largest of the Channel Islands, which are located in the English Channel between England and France, what is the second largest of the islands that make up the group?
- Anne Shirley is the orphaned heroine of a 1908 novel, written by author Lucy Maud Montgomery, who is sent to live on what farm located in the fictional Canadian town of Avonlea?
- What seabirds are often used as symbols for gluttony?
- What television series takes place in fictional Seattle Grace Hospital?
Money Ball Question: Swedish chemist and philanthropist Alfred Noble, who was famous for inventing dynamite, was also the inventor of what other explosive material?
- What country borders Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Swaziland and Lesotho?
- What country borders Estonia, Lithuania, Russia and Belarus?
- What country borders Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua?
- What country borders Malaysia, East Timor and Papua New Guinea?
Money Ball Question: What country borders Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan and Iran?
British Invasion Music of 1967
- The song Carrie Anne was a hit in 1967 for what British band that at the time featured Graham Nash as a member?
- The Beatles had a hit with the song Penny Lane in 1967, which was a double A side with what other song?
- What is the missing word in the following title of a hit released in 1967 by British singer Petula Clarke: Don’t Sleep In The _____?
- What British band, with an alliterative name, and whose lead singer was Peter Noone, had a hit in 1967 with A Kind Of Hush nine years before it became a hit for the Carpenters in 1976?
Money Ball Question: British group The Seekers had a 1967 hit with what theme song to a British film, which starred Lynn Redgrave as the title character?