Join us on the last Tuesday of each month at 7pm for our free Quiz Night
Prizes for the winning team, the runners-up, Best Team Name and Best Wrong Answer!
Next Quiz September 26th 2017Quiz Winners: 50 Inches Of Rain In Houston – Thanks Obama with 44 points Best Team Name Competition Winners: 50 Inches Of Rain In Houston – Thanks Obama
Quiz from August 29th, 2017
Each answer is worth 1 point with the exception of the Money Ball Question, which is worth 3 if correct, minus 1 if incorrect and the picture round, where each question has two parts with a point for each part correctly answered, three points if you get both parts right. Answering all questions correctly is worth 50 points.
Science Fiction Movies
- What 1987 movie, starring Dennis Quaid, Meg Ryan and Martin Short, was inspired by the 1966 movie Fantastic Voyage, starring Raquel Welch, with both movies featuring plots involving people being shrunk to microscopic size before being injected into a human being?
- The 1982 movie Blade Runner, the 1990 movie Total Recall, and the 2002 movie Minority Report are all based on stories by what science fiction author?
- What acclaimed Swedish actor, who played the Three Eyed Raven on the television series Game Of Thrones, plays the part of Ming The Merciless in the 1987 movie Flash Gordon?
- What 2016 movie, that received a Best Picture Academy Award nomination, features two aliens that have been nicknamed Abbot and Costello?
Money Ball Question: The 1973 movie Soylent Green marked the last film appearance of what major Hollywood actor, known for his roles in the 1931 movie Little Caesar, the 1944 movie Double Indemnity, the 1948 movie Key Largo and the 1956 movie The Ten Commandments?
Picture Round – TV Title Roles
- What is the name of this actress? What was the name of the TV sit-com that ran for four seasons in the 1990s in which she played the title character?
- What is the name of this actor? In what TV series that ran from 1969 to 1976 did he play a doctor?
- What is the name of this actress? Which of the two title characters did she play in a TV series from the 1980s for which she won two Emmys for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series, an award won four times by her co-star for the same series?
- What is the name of this actress? What is the name of the acclaimed series, which first aired in the 2000s, that she starred in, about a young woman who solves crimes while still at school?
- What is the name of this actor, who attended Broad Ripple High School? He was amongst the cast of what 1990s sit-com that starred Corin Nemec as the title character?
Aptly Named Autobiographies
- What actor, noted for his dancing ability, published the 2009 autobiography entitled: “The Time Of My Life”?
- What jazz trumpeter published the 1979 autobiography entitled: “To Be Or Not To Bop”?
- What singer published the 2010 autobiography entitled: “Lips Unsealed”?
- What politician, who was a major world leader during the 1980s, published the 1993 autobiography entitled: “The Downing Street Years”?
Money Ball Question: What actor published the 2005 autobiography entitled: “The Good, The Bad, And Me”?
- What is the capital of the country that’s bordered by the countries whose capitals are Khartoum, Asmara, Djibouti City, Mogadishu, Juba and Nairobi?
- What is the capital of the country that’s bordered by the countries whose capitals are Georgetown, Cayenne and Brasilia?
- What is the capital of the country that’s bordered by the countries whose capitals are Ashgabat, Tashkent, Dushanbe, Beijing, Islamabad and Tehran?
- What is the capital of the country that’s bordered by the countries whose capitals are Kuala Lumpur, Port Moresby and Dili?
Money Ball Question: What is the capital of the country that’s bordered by the countries whose capitals are Moscow, Baku, Yerevan and Ankara?
Pick A Letter
all the answers to these questions start with the same letter. You decide which one.
- Gal Gadote, the star of the movie Wonder Woman, which was released in June, was born in what country?
- What figure from Greek mythology is best known for his ill-fated attempt to escape from the island of Crete by means of flight?
- What name is given to a variant of a chemical element that has a different number of neutrons from the standard, which can sometimes lead to the element being radioactive?
- What is the scientific name for the mineral that was often referred to as Fool’s Gold by prospectors?
Money Ball Question: What variety of wading bird was sacred to the Ancient Egyptians?
Couples in Song
- In the first verse of John Mellencamp’s 1982 song, Jack And Diane, the couple are sitting outside a branch of what restaurant chain started in Illinois in 1950, of which there are no longer any branches left in Indiana?
- Brenda and Eddie, a couple introduced in the 1977 Billy Joel song Scenes From An Italian Restaurant, are the main protagonists in what Broadway musical that’s based on the music of Billy Joel?
- What singer-songwriter recorded a song about Zak, who spells his name without a “C” and his girlfriend Sara, who spells her name without an “H”, which is featured on his 2001 album Rockin’ The Suburbs?
- In what 1963 hit recorded by singer Leslie Gore is the singer heart broken at the sight of her ex-boyfriend Johnny arriving at her get together with his new girlfriend Judy?
Money Ball Question: What were the names of the ill-fated Native American couple featured in a 1959 song that was a hit for singer Johnny Preston?