Join us on the last Tuesday of each month at 7pm for our free Quiz Night
Prizes for the winning team, the runners-up, Best Team Name and Best Wrong Answer!
Next Quiz April 24th 2018Quiz Winners: Whoops, This Isn’t The Corner Wine Bar? with 42 points Best Team Name Competition Winners: Stormy Daniels And Her Yuge Set Of Subpeonas
Quiz from March 27th, 2018
Each answer is worth 1 point with the exception of the Money Ball Question, which is worth 3 if correct, minus 1 if incorrect and the picture round questions which have two parts. One point for answering each part correctly, three points for answering both right. Answering all questions correctly is worth 50 points.
- In what 1976 movie western starring Clint Eastwood does the title character spit tobacco prior to engaging in gunfights?
- In 1979 two popular movies about gangs in New York City were released. One was set in what was then modern day and one was set in 1963. What were their very similar titles?
- What 1980 movie, based on a comic strip created by Alex Raymond, featured Sam J. Jones as the hero of the title and Max Von Sydow as the villain?
- In the 1997 movie Titanic, Kathy Bates plays what real-life person who famously survived the Titanic’s sinking, which earned her the nickname of Unsinkable?
Moneyball Question: At the end of the 1981 movie History Of The World, Part I, the screen goes black and we then hear director Mel Brooks’ voice telling us that we shouldn’t leave the theater yet as there are teasers from History Of The World, Part II to be seen. These teasers include Hitler On Ice, a Viking Funeral and what Star Wars parody?
Picture Round – March Madness Mascots
- This is the mascot for what school? In what state is the school located?
- What is the name of the Big East school this mascot represents? What is the team’s nickname?
- What is the name of the school this mascot represents, a school who achieved a historic first in this year’s NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament? What is the team’s nickname?
- What is the name of this school, which is located in a city called Lawrence, does this mascot represent? What conference do they play in?
- What Big 12 school, which is located in the same city where Buddy Holly was born, does this mascot represent? What is the team’s nickname?
- What well-known comic strip artist was known to friends and family as Sparky?
- What singer-songwriter’s nickname is Mimi?
- During his playing days, what nickname was given to former NBA star turned analyst Charles Barkley, which reflected his trouble with weight?
- What historical figure was known as the Virgin Queen?
Moneyball Question: What character actor, who appeared in the 1985 movie The Goonies and the HBO television series The Sopranos, frequently goes by the nickname Joey Pants?
- What French car company produced the 2CV, a classic economy car first introduced in 1948?
- What annual race, which covers a distance of roughly 1000 miles, can take up to fifteen days to complete?
- Tandoori Chicken is a popular dish that originated in the Punjab region of India and Pakistan. What is a Tandoor, which gives the dish its name?
- What product, launched in 1955 and designed for children to play with, was almost called Rainbow Modelling Compound?
Moneyball Question: Polaris or the North Star is one of the seven stars that make up what well-known constellation?
Characters of Classic Literature
- The character Meriadoc Brandybuck, featured in the book The Lord Of The Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, is better known by what name?
- Ralph, Piggy and Jack are the three main protagonist’s in what 1954 novel by William Golding?
- A line spoken by the character Miranda in Shakespeare’s play The Tempest, provides the title to what classic 1932 novel by Aldous Huxley?
- What is the last name of sisters Elizabeth, Jane, Mary, Kitty and Lydia, who are featured in Jane Austen’s 1813 novel Pride And Prejudice?
Moneyball Question: According to Homer’s The Iliad, who was Troy’s greatest warrior, who was the older brother of Paris, the abductor of Helen of Troy?
- What backing band accompanied Prince on his 1984 album Purple Rain?
- What was the name of Smokey Robinson’s backing band in the early days of his career?
- The Mothers Of Invention were the long-time backing band of what artist?
- What group is credited as Neil Young’s backing band on such albums as 1969’s Everyone Knows This Is Nowhere, 1975’s Zuma and 1994’s Sleeps With Angels?
Moneyball Question: The Blockheads were the backing band of what British singer and songwriter, who came to prominence during the late 1970s punk era?