Join us each Tuesday at 7pm for our free Quiz Night - prizes each week for the Quiz winners and Best Team Name!
April 22nd Quiz -- Answers link at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!
Quiz Winners: My Sherpa Took The Ferry with 18 points
Best Team Name Competition Winners: Astronauts Don't Celebrate Earth Day
Movies of the ‘90s
1. Who played the T2 android in the 1991 movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day?
2. In the 1994 Tim Burton directed biopic Ed Wood, Martin Landau plays what Hollywood actor who came to prominence in the 1930s?
3. Who directed the 1990 movie Metropolitan, the 1994 movie Barcelona and the 1998 movie The Last Days Of Disco, all of which feature the actor Chris Eigeman in starring roles?
4. What 1997 movie that was based on a novel by James Ellroy earned a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Kim Basinger?
April History – Part Two
1. On April 21st 1918 the World War I German flying ace known as The Red Baron was shot down and killed. What was The Red Baron’s actual name?
2. The Library of Congress was established on April 24th 1800. Following the 1814 burning of the original book collection by the British, which was housed in the Capital, what President’s personal library formed the basis of the collection as it exists today?
3. What Spanish town in the Basque region was bombed by German and Italian planes on April 26th 1937, during the Spanish Civil War, an incident that was depicted in one of Pablo Picasso’s most famous paintings?
4. George Washington was sworn in as the first President of the United States on the balcony of what building in lower Manhattan on April 30th 1789?
1. The middle initial of what prolific author of children’s books stands for Lawrence?
2. What do the initials T. S. stand for in the name of the author T. S. Eliot?
3. The first initial in the name of what author, who created the police detective Adam Dalgliesh, stands for Phyllis?
4. What does the J. stand for in J. D. Salinger’s name?
1. Sat Nav is a common abbreviation often heard in England what is the equivalent abbreviation in America?
2. In England this breed of dog is called an Alsatian what is this particular breed called in America?
3. In America it’s called an Eraser what is it called in England?
4. In England this implement is usually called a Biro what is it called in America?
Music of the ‘80s
1. The band Fun Boy Three was made up of three former members of what major British Ska revival band?
2. Who was the front man of the band The Replacements, whose biggest hit was the 1989 release I’ll Be You?
3. What was the biggest hit from Pat Benatar’s second album Crimes Of Passion, which was released in 1980?
4. What group, who had a 1984 hit with the song The Killing Moon, partially named their band after the nickname they gave to their drum machine?