Join us each Tuesday at 7pm for our free Quiz Night - prizes each week for the Quiz winners and Best Team Name!
July 22nd Quiz -- Answers link at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!
Quiz Winners: Someone Call Alanis Morissette; George Harrison's Memorial Tree Was Killed By Beetles. Now That's Ironic! with 15 points in a tie-breaker over Weenie Beanies
Best Team Name Competition Winners: Putin On The Ritz
1. The movie Stop Making Sense is a 1984 film of the band Talking Heads in concert directed by Jonathan Demme. From the lyrics of what song by the band, a song that’s performed during the movie, does the title come?
2. What is the title of the movie, released in 1976, that documents a concert by Led Zeppelin held at Madison Square Garden in 1973?
3. Kanye West, Mos Def and Lauryn Hill all appear in a 2006 concert film hosted by what comedian?
4. In what 1968 concert film do we see Jimi Hendrix setting fire to his guitar during a cover of The Troggs’ Wild Thing?
Ten Letter Words Beginning with D
1. With style?
3. Lacking in harmony?
4. Turning at a sharp angle?
1. Who, along with significant contributions from writer and illustrator Bill Finger, is the creator of Batman?
2. George Sanders, Otto Preminger and Eli Wallach all played what well known villain in various episodes of the 1960’s television series Batman starring Adam West?
3. What was Batman’s crime-fighting associate Batgirl’s real name?
4. What graphic novel published in 1986 is credited with revitalizing the Batman franchise after the character fell out of favor in the 1970s?
1. If you were to travel by road from Indianapolis to the following National Parks, which would you reach the fastest: Glacier National Park, Grand Canyon National Park or Zion National Park?
2. If you were to travel by road from Indianapolis to the following cities in Texas, which would you take the longest to reach: Austin, Lubbock or San Antonio?
3. If you were to travel by road from Indianapolis to the following Civil War battle sites, which would you reach the second fastest: Antietam, Shiloh or Spotsylvania?
4. If you were to travel by road from Indianapolis to the following U. S. landmarks, which would you take the second longest to reach: The Gateway Arch, The Liberty Bell or The Statue Of Liberty?
1. What 1970 song by Badfinger was a hit for Harry Nilsson in 1971 and for Mariah Carey in 1994?
2. Devo’s second single released in 1977 was a completely re-invented cover of what rock classic?
3. The Doors famously covered the song Gloria in concert and Patti Smith released a version in 1976. The song was originally recorded by the band Them in 1964. Who was the band’s lead singer, who also wrote the song?
4. An unusual dance version of what song from Pink Floyd’s album The Wall was released by Scissors Sisters in 2004?