Join us each Tuesday at 7pm for our free Quiz Night - prizes each week for the Quiz winners and Best Team Name!
August 26th Quiz -- Answers link at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!
Quiz Winners: Vote Against Scottish Independence There's Too Much Freedom Under Those Kilts with 15 points in a tie-breaker over We're Not Cheating Just Drafting
Best Team Name Competition Winners: The Pink Basement
Movie Title Characters (The Women)
1. Leslie Caron plays what title character in a 1958 movie musical, whose nine Oscar wins was at the time a record?
2. What two title characters from a 1991 movie directed by Ridley Scott had the last names of Dickinson and Sawyer?
3. Mara Wilson plays what character created by Roald Dahl, which was the title character in a 1996 movie that also starred Danny DeVito and Rhea Pearlman?
4. Dorothy Dandridge became the first African American woman to be nominated for a Best Actress Oscar for playing what title role in a movie released in 1954?
1. In which of the Star Trek television series does the planet of Bajor figure prominently?
2. Who created the planet Tralfamadore?
3. What planet is moving toward Earth in a 2011 movie directed by Lars Van Trier and starring Kirsten Dunst?
4. What is the name of the planet that is the homeworld for Padmé Amidala, Jar Jar Binks and Senator Palpatine in the Star Wars series of films?
1. The Italian word Pomodoro translates into what food in English?
2. Le Buerre D’Aranchide and La Confiture are the French words for the ingredients in a dish usually eaten at lunchtime, whose name is what in English?
3. Arroz is the Spanish word for an ingredient in Paella that translates into what in English?
4. Rindfleisch is the German word for a variety of meat that is called what in English?
Ten Letter Words Beginning with “F”
3. Made with spinach?
Classical Music Fill in the Blanks
1. What is the missing word in the following statement? The 1887 work Pavane In F-Sharp Minor, which is based on a traditional Spanish dance, is one of the most famous works by French composer Gabriel _____.
2. What is the missing word in the following statement? The Fountains Of _____ is an early 20th Century orchestral work by Italian composer Ottorino Respighi.
3. What is the missing word in the following statement? Beethoven’s Symphony no. 6 in F Major is often referred to as The _____ Symphony.
4. What is the missing word in the following statement? The Hallelujah Chorus forms part of The _____ , a work by George Frideric Handel.