Join us each Tuesday at 7pm for our free Quiz Night - prizes each week for the Quiz winners and Best Team Name!
September 16th Quiz -- Answers link at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!
Quiz Winners: Red Solo Chumps with 18 points
Best Team Name Competition Winners: Better Late Than Pregnant
Movie Characters of the 1990s
1. What name did Eddie Adams, played by Mark Wahlberg, adopt when he started appearing in Adult films in the 1997 movie Boogie Nights?
2. Who was the first actress to portray Buffy, The Vampire Slayer, which she did in the 1992 movie of the same name?
3. Eddie Murphy played five members of what family in the 1996 movie The Nutty Professor?
4. Jaye Davidson played Dil in what 1992 movie directed by Irish filmmaker Neil Jordan?
1. What television show that ran for twenty-four seasons from 1948 until 1971 was originally titled Toast Of The Town?
2. What early 1960s television series featured two characters called Gunther Toody and Francis Muldoon?
3. Who played Adam Cartwright, Ben Cartwright’s eldest son on Bonanza?
4. Morgan Freeman got his big break in what 1970’s PBS series for children?
1. What actor has starred in the 2006 movie The Last King Of Scotland, the 2007 movie Atonement and the 2011 movie X-Men: First Class?
2. What steel magnate, who lived from 1835 to 1919, established over 2,500 libraries throughout the English speaking world?
3. James VI of Scotland, who ascended to the throne of England following the death of Elizabeth I, was a member of which of the following ruling Houses: Tudor, Plantagenet, Stuart or Lancaster?
4. What band whose line-up featured Les McKeown, Eric Faulkner, Woody Wood, and brothers Alan and Derek Longmuir at the height of their success, had a worldwide hit with a cover of the Dusty Springfield hit I Only Want To Be With You in 1976?
1. The Sultan Ahmed Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey, is better known by what colorful name?
2. London’s Westminster Cathedral is a place of worship for what religion?
3. The headquarters of what religion, which has its origins in the 1870s, but wasn’t given its formal title until 1931, is located in Brooklyn, NY, right next to the Brooklyn Bridge?
4. The Maya Devi Temple is located in Lumbini, believed by many to be the birthplace of Buddha, which at that time was part of the Indian Subcontinent, but is now located in what modern day country?
Musical Characters of the 1960s
1. What character from a classic rock album released in 1969 was deaf, dumb and blind?
2. The Shangri-Las sang about what ill-fated character in a song released in 1964?
3. Tom Jones sang about what Biblically named character in a 1968 song?
4. What character was mentioned in both the 1969 song Space Oddity and later on in the 1980 song Ashes To Ashes?