Join us each Tuesday at 7pm for our free Quiz Night - prizes each week for the Quiz winners and Best Team Name!
October 14th Quiz -- Answers link at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!
Quiz Winners: The Quizlamic State with 18 points
Best Team Name Competition Winners: There Is No Tying In Baseball...
1. Colonel Bogie’s March is the theme to what 1957 movie starring Alec Guinness and William Holden and directed by David Lean?
2. The theme to what 1993 movie, composed by John Williams, features a violin solo played by Itzhak Pearlman?
3. The iconic James Bond theme, which is played when Bond, viewed from a gun sight, turns and fires at his assailant, was originally the theme to what 1962 movie?
4. A section from Mike Oldfield’s ground-breaking 1973 album Tubular Bells was used as the theme to what horror film released the same year?
Fill in the Blanks
1. Cruel slave owner in Harriet Beecher Stowe’s 1852 novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin: Simon _____?
2. Triangular shaped building located at Broadway and 5th Avenue in New York City: The _____ Building?
3. World’s largest bay which borders India, Bangladesh and Myanmar: The Bay Of _____?
4. Renowned stained glass artist: Louis Comfort _____?
Modern Day Scientists
1. What astrophysicist hosted the television series Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, which aired earlier this year?
2. What was the name of the book that became a surprise bestseller for physicist Stephen Hawking when it was published in 1988?
3. What computer scientist invented the World Wide Web?
4. Scientist Jane Goodall spent over forty years studying chimpanzees in what African country?
1. Powdered Toast Man was a superhero featured on what show that aired on Nickelodeon in the 1990s?
2. Patrick Warburton briefly played a live-action version of what superhero that started out as a character in a comic book before starring in a television animated series?
3. Mr. Furious, The Blue Raja, The Bowler, The Shoveler, The Spleen and Invisible Boy are a group of largely inept superheroes in what movie released in 1999?
4. What two well-known actors provide the voices for Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy on Spongebob Squarepants?
Top Selling Artists of the Last Four Decades
1. What are the next five words in the following lyrics from the best selling song of the 1970s: “It can’t be wrong when it feels so right, cause…”?
2. What song by Olivia Newton-John spent the most weeks at number one, ten in all, in the 1980s?
3. The top selling song of the 1990s was One Sweet Day, a duet that Mariah Carey recorded with what R&B vocal quartet in 1995?
4. What solo recording artist, who had hits with U Remind Me and Yeah!, had the most songs reach number one with seven between 2000 and 2009 and also spent the most weeks at number one in that period with forty-one?