Join us each Tuesday at 7pm for our free Quiz Night - prizes each week for the Quiz winners and Best Team Name!
October 28th Quiz -- Answers link at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!
Quiz Winners: Billy Has Bats In His Belfry with 18 points
Best Team Name Competition Winners: Irsay's Designated Tweeters
1. What was the name of the sequel to the 2002 movie 28 Days Later, which was released in 2007?
2. Who was the writer and director of the classic 1968 movie Night Of The Living Dead, as well as 1978’s Dawn Of The Dead and 1985’s Day Of The Dead?
3. A father named Jupiter, and his sons Pluto, Mars and Mercury terrorize a family in the Nevada desert in what movie released in 1977?
4. What major Hollywood star plays the part of Damien’s father in the 1976 movie The Omen?
H. O. W. L.
One of these answers begins with "H", one with "O", one with "W" and one with "L"
1. What is another, more technical, name for a Werewolf?
2. The male equivalent of a witch is known by what name?
3. What object that employs an automatic writing device known as a planchette, gets its name from the combination of a French word and a German word that both mean the same thing?
4. What British film production company made movies such as 1957’s The Curse Of Frankenstein, 1958’s Dracula and 1959’s The Mummy all starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing?
1. What Irish born writer of horror wrote the book The Lair Of The White Worm, published in 1911?
2. What is the missing word in the title of a classic 1959 horror novel by Shirley Jackson: The Haunting Of _____ House?
3. Ira Levin wrote what 1967 novel about a woman’s unwitting involvement with a Satanic Cult?
4. What Stephen King novel published in 1978, mostly takes place after a government produced virus has wiped out most of the Earth’s population?
M. O. A. N.
One of these answers begins with "M", one with "O", one with "A" and one with "N"
1. What occurrences that mostly affect children are sometimes referred to in medical circles as Pavor Nocturnus?
2. If a skeleton was walking around all by itself, which one of the cranial bones, located at the rear and the base of the skull, could easily be seen?
3. In a sequence from the 1940 Disney film, Fantasia, demons, ghosts, witches and the Devil are shown cavorting to the music of Night On Bald Mountain, which was written by what Russian composer?
4. What animated television show, that originally aired from 1994 to 1997 on Nickelodeon, features three creatures named Ickis, Oblina and Krumm, who attended a school that taught them how to scare people?
1. What single released by Bing Crosby in 1942 is, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, the biggest selling single of all time?
2. What 1973 song, originally written as a tribute to Marilyn Monroe, was reworked by its composers Bernie Taupin and Elton John, as a tribute to Princess Diana in 1997?
3. What are the next three words from the lyrics of a major hit song released by a German based rock band in 1991: “Where the children of tomorrow dream away in the …”?
4. What 2009 song by Ke$ha is one of the best-selling digital singles of all time?