Join us each Tuesday at 7pm for our free Quiz Night - prizes each week for the Quiz winners and Best Team Name!
February 25th Quiz -- Answers link at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!
Quiz Winners: Hollyhock Hill Keeps A Close Eye On Your Kids with 19 points
Best Team Name Competition winners: Insane In The Ukraine (Insane In The Brain)
1. What 2003 movie, which was somewhat oddly not nominated for Best Sound Editing may have set the record for most Oscars won if it had, as it won for all eleven categories it had been nominated in, which left it tied with Ben Hur and Titanic?
2. Tin Toy in 1988, Geri’s Game in 1997 and For The Birds in 2001 all won Oscars for Best Animated Short. What studio produced them?
3. Englishman Roger Deakins, who has worked on eleven films for the Coen Brothers, as well as dozens of other movies including The Shawshank Redemption and Skyfall, has been nominated eleven times without ever winning in what category?
4. Aaron Sorkin won the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay in 2010 for what movie, whose script was based on the book The Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich?
Score one point for getting two of the three numbers correct, score two points for the entire equation
1. What is the number in country singer George Hamilton’s name multiplied by the number Britain’s Prince Charles will adopt when he becomes King minus the number of Popes that have been named Pius?
2. What is the number of Disney’s Herbie plus the number in the model name of James Bond’s Aston Martin in Goldfinger minus the second number on the side of the General Lee from the TV show The Dukes of Hazard?
3. What is the number of the Super Bowl that was held in Lucas Oil Stadium divided by the number of points awarded for a try conversion in a Rugby Union match plus the most number of sets possible in a women’s tennis match in a Majors tournament?
4. What is the number that forms the title of the debut album by Pearl Jam multiplied by the number in the name of the band that had a hit with What’s Up? in 1993 divided by the number in the title of a Beatles’ song which begins with the line: “Ooh I need your love, Babe, I guess you know it’s true”?
Premium Cable Series
1. The HBO comedy series Eastbound And Down starring Danny McBride gets its title from the theme song to what movie that starred Burt Reynolds and the man who recorded the song, Jerry Reed?
2. Dexter, a serial killer, and the title character from the Showtime series, worked with the police department of what city?
3. Jerry Ferrara played what character on the HBO series Entourage?
4. The Showtime series The Tudors, based on the life of Henry VIII, was filmed in what country and used many actors who were natives of that country?
1. Orangutans are only found in the wild on what two islands?
2. What large cats are found in the mountains of Central Asia?
3. The smallest breed of penguin, appropriately named the Little Penguin, are almost exclusively found on the Southern coasts of what two countries?
4. The only species of lizard that spends time in the ocean, The Marine Iguana, are only found where?
Best Song Oscars
1. The first song to win the Oscar for Best Song was The Continental in 1934. It was featured in the movie The Gay Divorcee and beat out the song Carioca from the movie Flying Down To Rio. Who were the male and female leads in The Gay Divorcee, who first appeared together in Flying Down to Rio?
2. The Best Song for 1946 was On The Atchison, Topeka And The Santa Fe from the movie The Harvey Girls. Who sang the song in the movie?
3. Lionel Ritchie won the Oscar for writing the song Say You, Say Me from the movie White Knights in 1985, but he was also nominated the same year for co-writing the lyrics to Miss Celie’s Blues (Sister) which was featured in what movie?
4. Jai Ho by A. R. Rahman won the Best Song Oscar in 2008. In what movie was it featured?