Join us each Tuesday at 7pm for our free Quiz Night - prizes each week for the Quiz winners and Best Team Name!
December 3rd Quiz -- Answers link at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!
Classic Literature Films
1. What British filmmaker, later known for his epic films of the 1960s, directed movie versions of the Charles Dickens novels Great Expectations in 1946 and Oliver Twist in 1948?
2. Fredric March, Liam Neeson and Hugh Jackman have all played what character in different movie versions of what classic novel?
3. Alan Arkin plays Yossarian, Art Garfunkel plays Nately, Bob Newhart plays Major Major and Jon Voigt plays Milo Minderbinder in a 1970 movie version of what novel?
4. Who plays Captain Ahab in the John Huston directed version of Moby Dick, which was released in 1956?
1. On December 1st 1955 Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give her seat on a bus to a white passenger. In what city did this significant event in the Civil Rights Movement take place?
2. On December 5th 1492, Christopher Columbus was the first European to discover what island, which is now shared by the countries of Haiti and the Dominican Republic?
3. On December 20th 1989 Operation Just Cause, a U. S. invasion of what country began?
4. John C. Calhoun became the first Vice President to resign from office on December 28th 1832. Who was the President with whom he had disagreements, which led to his resigning?
1. The grandson of what U. S. President married the daughter of what other U. S. President on December 22nd 1968?
2. Eric Clapton wrote the song Wonderful Tonight as a tribute to his wife Pattie Boyd. To what other musician had she been married prior to her marriage to Clapton?
3. Former soccer star Mia Hamm is married to what now retired baseball player, who was a six time all-star?
4. Which of Henry VIII’s six wives was he still married to at the time of his death?
Pick A Letter
All the answers to these questions start with the same letter you decide which one
1. What novel by Herman Wouk, which continued the stories of the Henry family and Jastrow family, was turned into a major miniseries in 1988?
2. The Elk, which is the second largest North American species of deer behind the Moose, is also known by what other name?
3. What is the capital of Namibia?
4. The element Tungsten is represented by what letter on the periodic table?
1. Dr. Teeth And The Electric Mayhem is a band that featured on what TV show?
2. Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky were the four members of what TV band?
3. What band from a TV show that aired on Nickelodeon are often referred to by the initials BTR?
4. What TV band starred in the 1968 film Head written by Jack Nicholson and the film’s director, Bob Rafelson?